Navigation Bar

01/09/2013

Back to School: Make Up Recommendations


September has arrived, and for us in the UK that means back to school, college or university. Being in my last year of college, I choose to wear a full face of make up every day, as do many other people, and these are my recommendations for which beauty products will be long lasting and natural looking.

Face

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation – This foundation is cheap as chips, and works well for many people, it is a popular foundation amongst beauty bloggers and I find it easy to apply evenly, leaving my skin looking natural yet covered to perfection.

Rimmel Match Perfection Illuminating Concealer – I use this concealer under the eyes, it’s brightening and awakening and after late nights trying to finish work, I definitely need it!

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer – this is the concealer I use for blemishes and it definitely does the job. It blends in well and covers blemishes better than any other concealer I've ever used.

Benefit Hoola Bronzing Powder – This is the luxury splurge of the recommendations, but it is the best! It contours your face like no other bronzer I’ve ever tried and is so highly pigmented that one brush stroke through the powder is enough for one cheek.

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder – This is possibly the best drugstore face powder, and it does what it says on the tin. With one application my face stays matte all day and makes me feel like I’m not wearing any make up at all!

Eye Brows

Maybelline Master Sleep Brow  Mascara – This is the new brow mascara from Maybelline, and it’s great, it keeps my brows looking great all day and I’ve used it every day since I bought it! I couple this with a Revlon eye shadow to make my brows look more defined, but it looks just as great on its own.

Eyes

L'Oreal Super Liner Black Lacquer – This is the king of all liquid liners, it literally stays on all day, I've even worn it swimming once by accident and it came out looking the same as when I went in! it is so easy to apply and needs no topping up during the day, ideal for busy school days.

Soap and Glory Lid Stuff Flawless Finish Eyeshadow – These four shades are perfect for school, three of the eye shadows are matte and look very natural, and the fourth has only the slightest shimmer meaning it still looks very natural. I recommend ‘what’s nude’ as these are the neutral shades, but there is also a smokey eyes palette and a colourful palette which includes blue and purple.

Rimmel London Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara -  This mascara makes lashes look natural rather than clumpy and coated in mascara, yet they make lashes look long and defined, the perfect mascara for a natural look!

Lips

Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm – Of course it would be these lip balms; they’re everyone’s favourite at the moment! I own all six, but the two I would recommend for school are Intense Care and Cherry Me, intense care is great for people with dry lips, like me, and Cherry Me gives a beautiful natural tint to lips without looking to intense.


Keep your eyes open for a ‘what’s in my school make up bag’ post later on today!

No comments:

Post a Comment