Navigation Bar

25/08/2013

Collection Review: Max Factor Wild Collection

 In July 2013, Max Factor released a new range of products; this included the wild mega volume mascara, the wild shadow pots and the wild shadow eye shadow pencil. I picked up one each of these products from boots in a ‘3 for 2’ event.
The mascara has an hourglass shaped wand, designed to reach every lash, and it definitely does, however I feel it makes my inside lashes appear too long and unnatural. The mascara claims to be water resistant and give three times the volume, both of which are probably untrue, although it does build the lashes up well and stays on all day. After applying the mascara, my lashes looked instantly longer and darker and it was obvious I was wearing mascara. Overall I think this is a good, quality drug store mascara, although I would not use it every day, it’s nice to use occasionally for days where I want to look more ‘made up’.

The shadow pots are by far my favourite in the collection, with thirteen colours to collect; I was spoilt for choice and will definitely be going back for more next time I go shopping. I wore burnt bark all day to test out how long it lasted, and to my surprise it was still there at the end of the day! The colour pots are highly pigmented and have lots of great shades to choose from. Overall I think these eye shadow pots could be used for day and night and are a make up bag necessary because of the quality and large variety of colours.
Finally the shadow pencil, there are again a large variety of colours, with eight to collect all together. Although they do last well, because of the shimmer to them, they are not as easy to wear during the day. All of the colours are metallic; meaning pulling these off on a day to day situation would be much more difficult than the shadow pots. I chose the neutral shade of Caramel Rage and still found this colour hard to wear in the day time. Overall I would choose the shadow pots over the pencils any day.

Although the collection features three very good, very wearable products, I feel slightly let down by Max Factor as the products don’t make me want to wear them every day, like many other products do. However I would recommend trying them, as they are of a high quality and worth the cheap prices!

No comments:

Post a Comment